The idea of creating Tessera is based upon our everyday needs. The scientific engagement with herbs and their nutritian and healing properties, quickly led to the conclusion that these small treasures of greek land don't have the place they deserve in our everyday routine.
Since ancient time, the wild herbs have been a core ingredient of Greece's nutritional and pharmaceutical tradition. But the fact that they are absent from the market, fired our desire to create an organised source of supply of greek organic herbs for cooking and everyday infusions.
Based upon the principles of organic farming, Tessera's production process consists only of natural methods, without the use of any machine, pesticide and fertiliser.
Our products are processed as little as possible, during a production cycle which includes the following steps:
- Field culture with a minimum use of technical assets, so as to maintain the natural character of the herbs
- Careful hand harvesting of the aromatic herbs at the right season of the year
- Careful hand picking of the best plants and patiently devising the leaves and blossoms
- Natural drying of the picked leaves and blossoms without the use of any means of artificial drying
- Airtight packaging and direct storage of the herbs in special space for maintaining their natural characteristics.